Future Blog Plans

You're probably reading this because you have at least a passing interest in my blog. Well, currently, I'm working on a follow-up to my post about commercialized James Bond fanfic. But here I'll go through a few ideas I have for future blog posts. Specifically, plans I have for reviews.

Exploring the Star Wars Expanded Universe

Recently, I began posting old drafts I had of Star Wars video game reviews, which I intend to be part of a sporadic blog series, Exploring the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Right now, it is only video games, but I intend to expand (ha) this series to books. In fact, I had written a review for Heir to the Empire after re-reading it last summer. Didn't do that for Dark Force Rising or The Last Command, but hopefully I can manage to refresh myself with the Wookieepedia articles and write some reviews. I intend to eventually read every single Expanded Universe book, play every game, and so on, then review them here. Right now, I'm keeping it to the old Expanded Universe, now branded Legends.

Novelizations

Many of you may know that there are books based upon movies. This was especially prevalent in the '70s and '80s and many of them included scenes cut from the film and sometimes provided information not mentioned in the film at all! Some films already based on books also have novelizations, for some reason.

I don't remember the last time I read a novelization (miiight have been a Star Wars or Indiana Jones junior novelization back when I was a kid). But for some reason, I've always been fascinated by the concept, sooo... I think I might watch a few movies, then read their novelizations, and write posts about them.

Revisiting My Childhood Books

I often revisit films I loved as a kid (the live-action Popeye movie is a great film, you heathens), but I'm not sure that I've ever gone back to any books I enjoyed many years ago. I have the full hardcover collection of A Series of Unfortunate Events that has sat there for years. So maybe I should pick them up again and write some sort of blog. Gary Paulsen's Hatchet series is another I can revisit, as I loved those and OpenLibrary has copies of them all.

Movie Reviews

As you might know, I co-host a movie podcast. On that podcast, I review movies with my good friends Josh and Lee. But I also enjoy reviewing films on my own, particularly ones that I doubt we'll ever cover on the podcast. However, right now I have no disc drive and I need a new one. Why do I need a disc drive for this? Well, many of the films I want to review on here are on DVD and it's really hard to find the screenshots I want online. For example, my only solo film review right now, Silent RageIn that review, I used a number of screenshots. I took these by myself so that I wouldn't have to search to the ends of the internet to find them. Some of them I'm sure would have been impossible to find if I had searched for them instead. So yeah. I need a disc drive. I only have so many downloaded films that I want to review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felix Leiter - CIA Agent, Private Eye, and Victim of Commercialized Fan Fiction

Exploring the Star Wars Expanded Universe - Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Exploring the Star Wars Expanded Universe - Dark Forces